Eva Leger's Reviews > Animals on the Other Side

Animals on the Other Side by Sylvia Browne

Sep 12, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: wtf, couldn-t-finish-yuck, b-fiction
Recommended to Eva by: Myself. Who the hell else?
Recommended for: parents who want nutcases to tell their children what to think
Read on September 09, 2011

Notice the lists I have this on.
I saw this at the library and ever since our yellow Lab died a few summers ago (the first pet Julia lost in her short lifetime) I've been on the lookout for books about pets and heaven. Of course I noticed this was written by that cuckoo-crazy-bitch Browne but I still thought that maybe, just maybe, it would be alright. Yeah.
So I never even started this with Julia because the book is filled with Browne's ideas presented as if it's fact. She "saw" this and she "felt" this. Well, quite frankly, I think she's a big fake and full of shit.
I'd much rather my daughter decide for herself what to believe. I'm right here willing to help with that and I have to think that any parent who would get this for their own child, even if their beliefs line up directly with Browne's, would also be willing to help their child(ren) with the same. So..... the question is why get this book in the first place then? Why get a book where someone - anyone - actually tells things as "facts" when they in no way can be facts?
If I say that I saw God in my living room last night and He sat and watched Law & Order that is not a fact. Browne doesn't have all bad ideas IMO. I'll say that. (She does have some though.) But who the hell is she to tell my child something she can't prove?
I'm bewildered that there are five star ratings for this )even if it is only one or two). That scares me to be truthful.
She says "when people die they see a tunnel... that leads to the Other Side." How in the living hell does she know this? Has she died? Is she dead?
"Some go straight through, some hesitate... while still others decide not to go through and thus remain earthbound as ghosts."
What the fizz-uck? How in the HELL can SHE KNOW this??????!!!!!! I want to know damnit.
Oh, but animals don't hesitate - they always go right through in case you're wondering. Browne "witnessed" her dog "going home" because she supposedly saw a "magnificent swirl of white light." This, mind you, is her "proof". I say the bitch is certifiable. She belongs in a nuthouse. Preferably one that doesn't ever let anyone out.
Okay so, when animals are still alive, and at rest, they go "home" on visits. I guess that's like little mini 'death vacations' or some such. Freaking awesome.
So basically, they're already knowing about this "home" which is why there are no animal ghosts by the way. Again, HOW DO BROWNE AND HER NUTTY ASS SON KNOW THERE ARE NO ANIMAL GHOSTS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Here, this is good. Okay, no animal ghosts but they actually do come to earth sometimes to check us out. That's why people sometimes "hear them barking, meowing, or tromping through their house." Apparently these two are nut magnets.
I think she watched Brother Bear (good movie by the way but if you're crazy like this broad don't watch it - you might get crazier - she obviously did.) one too many times because then she gets to talking about totems. Her totem is an elephant and her sons is a bear.
You're pet, believe it or not, has loved you through eternity - not just this lifetime. Actually, they chose to come to earth to be with you. Huh. I guess the millions of homeless animals are just idiots then huh?
Ooooh, another good one. There are no insects in Heaven. How do we know this? Because Browne said so. She's visited.
I can't even keep going. If this isn't enough to convince you the chick is nuts then maybe you should get checked out.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animals on the Other Side.

message 1: by kari (new)

kari I believe Browne believes that she has "been there" as she "died" at some point and that's how she became intuned to the other side, etc.
Not saying I neccessarily believe that, but that's her story and she's sticking to it. ☺
It sounds like this book is all over the place, though and yeah, beliefs should be presented as beliefs and not facts, but I find that lots of people with strong beliefs try to insist they are, in fact, facts!

message 2: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie Eva, I've read a few of her books and also some I gave up on. I too agree she is full of it!!

message 3: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger I think I have one of her adult ones and there is no way in hell I'm reading it now. She's batty as hell. I can't believe there are positive reviews for this. I'm still shaking my head at that one.
And the son! She turned one of her sons crazy! The poor bastard!

message 4: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie LOL are you serious?? that sounds like a good story in and of itself!!

message 5: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger I was at my library with Julia yesterday and saw a display with a bunch of copies of one of her adult books on it with a sign-up sheet for a discussion about it.
I halfway want to go just so I can hear what these people say. They have to be damn near as crazy as she is or they're like me and just want to hear the craziness spewing out from the others.
I can't believe I thought she was normal. She's anything but normal.

message 6: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie I think it's all done for the allmighty buck. So many people get sucked into her bullshit and just keep buying her books, that's why she keeps pumping them out. Not my cup of tea.

message 7: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger I totally agree. I'm just glad I'm not one of those getting sucked in. lol