Michelle Randall's Reviews > My Dyslexia

My Dyslexia by Philip Schultz

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from September 17 to October 04, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

My oldest child has struggled with reading and school all his life, and we fought to get him tested for learning issues, only to be told that he is not dyslexic but there is something up, and to then fight to get services for him.

I got this book from Goodreads FirstReads Giveaway, and was pleased. I thought it might help me understand the issues and what was going on. And to be honest, I did learn alot.

It is written by a Noble Prize winning poet, who just happens to have dyslexia, but only learned that recently, not when he was in school. He talks about his feelings in school and the way his dsylexia made certain things hard if not impossible to do or understand, and I loved the honesty and the willingness to share those points, those lows and later the highs of his life.

i would recommend this to anyone who is family or friends of someone with a learning disability, it will help to understand the certain things that are going on that just can't be described. It's a good read and a fairly quick read at that too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Dyslexia.