Angieleigh's Reviews > Forever

Forever by Judy Blume

Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: bc11-12
Read on September 12, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I remember growing up as a child of the 80's that Judy Blume was THE author to read about all things you wanted to know that your parents didn't want to tell you.

Now, I'll admit that I first read this book when I was fourteen years old. It was hidden in our school library and had a non-descript red cover with absolutely no details as to what it was about. Not knowing in advance that the book was about and then figuring out that it was about losing one's virginity kind of scarred me at first.

And while I still find it cheesy in some aspects - even in the 80's teenagers didn't refer to it as making love no matter how much they were "in love" - the overall storyline still rings true. When you first fall in love and find that person you want to give all of you to, there's absolutely no other feeling in the world that could compare. And no matter how much your parents think you're too young to settle down and put up roadblocks, you will rebel just to be with THAT person.

Unfortunately, there was no forever for Kath and Michael, which I actually found to be a great ending for them. Very rarely will teenage love last for eternity, and theirs was no different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.

09/12/2011 page 80