Leah Hess's Reviews > Demons in the Age of Light: A Memoir of Psychosis and Recovery

Demons in the Age of Light by Whitney Robinson

Sep 12, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads
Read on October 15, 2011

This novel immediately caught my attention as a memoir. The author is my age and is experiencing John Nash symptoms. I believe she's probably as smart as he is, too. The moment I started reading, I knew I could not put the book down. Robinson writes in such a descriptive, dramatic tone that I couldn't help but get sucked into the novel. There were several parts where, in spite of the schizophrenic situations, the author's descriptions made me laugh. The novel was so raw. Robinson opens up completely to her readers, confessing her most embarrassing and intimate situations. She reflects on the past and analyzes her future.

I don't even think my review could do this novel justice. All you need to know is that you need to buy/borrow this book now. Set aside 4 hours to read it. Enjoy. You won't regret it.

For a more thorough review, please visit my blog at http://leahslitandcoffee.blogspot.com...

I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads Program.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demons in the Age of Light.

10/15/2011 page 57