Lisa's Reviews > Fated

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: simon-schuster
Read from January 04 to 05, 2012

Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

Sarah Alderson has once again returned with a stunning series. Fated is even more action-packed than her first novel, Hunting Lila, and will leave you desperate for more. Amazing fight-scenes? A diverse and interesting cast of characters? Two brilliant leads? A sizzling hot romance? Check, check, check and CHECK! When Evie Tremain is forced into the Hunter lifestyle after discovering she's the only purebred left - in other words, the only one who can fulfil the White Light prophecy - she's conflicted between doing her duty as a Hunter, living her life as a normal human and abandoning everything for the man she loves... A man who also happens to be her enemy - a member of the Brotherhood, which aims to eliminate all Hunters, namely Evie. If you're ready for another exciting read, get yourself a copy of Fated right this instant!

Lucas Gray, a half human and half Shadow Warrior, moves into Evie's house and is sent there to spy on the Hunters in town, learning their training methods and tactics. While his mission is to kill Evie before she ends the Brotherhood for good, Lucas also struggles with his duty because of his burgeoning love for her. I really love forbidden romances, especially when the stakes are this high. It's literally a life and death situation - they have to kill each other! - that will have your heart racing at a million miles an hour. Evie and Lucas are a perfect couple, having unbelievable similarities and understanding each other only like they can. Although it takes a long time for them to get together, the entire process is exhilarating! Being a Shadow Warrior means Lucas can turn invisible and...things certainly get interesting here. A slow-burning romance filled with danger, secrets and passion? Yes please!

This entire world is magnificent. I love the mythology, I love the creatures, I love everything about the way Alderson's constructed this story. Shocking? Not at all. Some authors have amazing stories but are let down by stony characters we couldn't care less about. But Sarah? She could write about two people watching tv and it would still be award-winning! Her characters are always so loveable and developed that it's shocking how quickly you become invested in their lives, that is, if you haven't read any of her books before… I knew Fated was going to be brilliant and damn it if I wasn't right! There's honestly no slowing down in this book, it's packed with material. With one exciting scene after another, it's no surprise this is another 2012 favourite. Read this and you will not regret it. It's brilliant, end of story!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.

Cass -  Words on Paper I didn't want to read this together with Fracture, so I had to hold off on tearing through this thing the moment I received a copy. I'll be starting this later tonight. :) No reviews, no spoilers, but I'll be back! Glad you loved it!

Lisa Ooh, enjoy!! Hope you liked Fracture :)