L8blmr's Reviews > Lord of Scoundrels

Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase

Apr 29, 08

Recommended to L8blmr by: the ladies at Amazon
Recommended for: practically anyone who loves good romance!
Read in April, 2008

I loved, loved, LOVED this book! I loved the lead characters, I loved the bit of intrigue, I loved the author's writing style, I loved knowing what was in the hero's, as well as the heroine's heads, I loved the witty repartee, I loved that the HEA was long enough and very satisfying ... can you tell I was really enamored of this book? I won't even bother to give any details, as I am probably the last woman on the planet (that reads romances, anyway) who hadn't read it! Thank you, all you ladies who praised this book on the Amazon romance forum - you were right on target!

Now, friends, can you recommend any more of Chase's books that are as well-written and enjoyable? I want more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Scoundrels.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Eastofoz I could not agree with you more Shelley! This is a fabulous book. The repartee alone was fantastic! I haven't read anything by Chase but I've just order her entire backlist :D

Tammy I would recommend any and all of Chase's backlist. LORD PERFECT and MR. WONDERFUL are both very good too. Chase is a wonderful author and I really enjoy her sense of humor. Did you know she has a brand new one coming out next month? I'm pretty excited about!

Eastofoz Yup! I've added that to the TO BUY list :) Thanks for the recs Tammy!

message 4: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae This is one of those books I keep putting off to read. But, I am thinking I need to bump it up some. You girls seem to really love it...sounds like I need to read it SOON!

Tammy Yes Daisiemae! I KNOW you will like this one. It isn't exactly erotica, but you will fall in love with Dane.

Julie (jjmachshev) Loretta Chase is another of my auto-buy historical authors, cause I don't think I've ever read one of hers that I didn't like!
J

message 7: by Julianna (last edited Apr 29, 2008 07:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Julianna Daisiemae, I couldn't imagine that you wouldn't like this one. It has a tortured hero who is definitely harem worthy, IMHO ;) a spunky heroine and a great story. What more could you ask for? Seems like it should be right up your alley.

L8blmr I think you'll like it, too. Nothing like the Breeds, of course (have you gotten them yet?), but, then, variety is the spice of life!

message 9: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae I think you are right MOM...I am going to read this book this week. Y'all talked me into it! Looks like a pretty emotional read...is it like it looks like it is??????

I couldn't agree with you more Shelley:) More breeds are on there way to your house;)

Julianna It's pretty emotional, but it has parts are sure to make you laugh too, so it's not over the top angsty.

message 11: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae SOLD..I'll start reading it tomorrow!