Deb's Reviews > Start Something That Matters

Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie

Jan 03, 2012

bookshelves: business, reading-for-review, non-fiction
Read in January, 2012

I have 3 pairs of TOMS shoes and LOVE them, and I fully support their One-for-One program (when you buy a pair of these ultra-comfortable and fun canvas shoes, a pair of shoes is given to a child in the world who needs one) so I feel badly that I let this book by TOMS founder and "Chief Shoe Giver" Blake Mycoskie that I was given a copy of to review a few months ago sit on my to-read stacks for so long.

It is an entertaining and idea-provoking look at not only how TOMS got started and its success, but inspiration on how you can give back by starting a socially-responsible organization or business of your own, or even a project that you do within your current job/life. Good advice too on building a meaningful brand.

Although I received a review copy this book from the publisher, following TOMS One-for-One example, when one is purchased, a book is donated to a child through Random House and First Book, so I am going to get and give a couple of copies to friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Start Something That Matters.

Comments (showing 1-1)