Kezermezer's Reviews > Stolen Heat

Stolen Heat by Elisabeth Naughton

Oct 18, 11

Read from October 10 to 12, 2011

Stolen Heat is powerful, sexy, heart-wrenching, and packed with action, with an exciting and satisfying ending.

Intense misunderstandings between the hero and heroine, making them think the worst of each other, is a technique that can work well in a romance when done right and not overdone (I'm looking at you, Judith McNaught) but it's so painful to me that it really ratchets down my enjoyment of the story. In this case, for me, it was right on the line - I still thought the book was great, but I don't think I'll be reading it again.

Stolen Heat jumps back and forth between the present and past frequently, and that's something I personally don't like in a book as, for me, it detracts from the main part of the story.

Naughton also tends to jump around to include multiple POVs besides the hero and heroine. Done judiciously (see Shannon McKenna) this can enhance a story, particularly the suspense when the POV is that of the bad guy, but for me, Naughton does it too frequently and with too many other characters. I would've enjoyed this book a lot more if it had been grounded in the present more firmly, explaining things that happened in the past but not actually going there so often.

Still, this story was well written and beautifully sensual at times, and did a great job of drawing me in and investing me in the main characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Heat.