Delaney's Reviews > Savvy

Savvy by Ingrid Law

Feb 09, 12

A savvy is a special something those Beamonts get when they turn thirteen and blow out 13 dripping candles from a perfect cake. Because Mibs mom is perfect. That's her savvy. Rocket is lightning and pops lightbolbs as easy as squeezing a grape. Brother Fish is storm and is still scumbling his way with it. Broody Samson and baby doll Gypsy hasn't got theirs yet. Mibs is on the way. Being excited for leaving Emma Flint and Ashley Bing and hoping for a strong savvy. But when, suddenly your dad is in a car crash, all she wants is one to save her without savvy, sweet papa. Mibs is convinced that she will save her dad. SO sure that she hops on a bus. A pink bus, and get's an adventure. Finding her savvy. Finding friends. And finding what it means to get a savvy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savvy.

Quotes Delaney Liked

Ingrid Law
“I suppose you can never tell right off who might have a piece of Prince Charming deep down inside.”

Ingrid Law
“Why is it that adults are always telling kids to go watch television as though we have nothing better to do?”

Ingrid Law
“When something like that comes along, whether it's an accident or a savvy or a very first kiss, life takes a turn and you can't step back. All you can do is keep moving forward and remember what you've learned.”

Ingrid Law
“In most ways, Mibs, we Beaumonts are just like other people...We get born, and sometime later we die. And in between, we're happy and sad, we feel love and we feel fear, we eat and we sleep and we hurt like everyone else.

—Momma”