Shanyn (Chick Loves Lit)'s Reviews > How to Rock Braces and Glasses

How to Rock Braces and Glasses by Meg Haston

Jan 26, 14

Read from September 11 to 15, 2011

How to Rock Braces and Glasses amused me from the beginning because Kacey's problems all start with the optometrist (which is Steve's occupation). She doesn't take care of her new contacts very well, and her optometrist forces her to wear glasses while her eyes recover. My favorite part of the book were the times she was at the optometrist, especially because you don't often read about an eye exam in a book. From there she gets put into braces (as the title suggests), and she has to deal with her new lisp and friends that don't want anything to do with her anymore.

This book was a light read, and is pretty much what I expected of it. I was not looking for deep emotional meaning, and found myself having enough fun to keep reading. I could pick apart some of the relationships or plot points, but I was honestly trying to read it from a younger girl perspective, and I think it's one that a reluctant ten or eleven or twelve year old girl reader would like.

It has apparently been picked up as a television show by Nickelodeon, where I think it would do very well. The situations in the book may be more captivating for a larger audience via motion picture, so I'm interested to see if the show does happen and how they portray some of the plot points.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Rock Braces and Glasses.

09/11/2011 page 50