Kelley York's Reviews > Teeth

Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz

Feb 11, 13

bookshelves: cover-love, arc, faves, own-digital
Read in July, 2012

I just...ugh. I never know how to start in reviewing Hannah's books because they always leave me wanting to re-read them over and over again and cry all over my e-reader.

Let's start off by saying: TEETH is not a 'normal' book. It's odd. It's bizarre. It requires a suspension of belief because it never tries to explain itself...which is part of the total charm of the story. Things happen and you believe it because they happen so naturally and you accept it as the characters accept it.

I wasn't entirely sure what to think when I realized I'd be reading a book about a fish boy, but this just might be my favorite now out of Hannah's books. Just *because* it's so strange and different. I don't think you could say, "I read this book about a boy on an island who meets a fish-boy" and have anyone think it's any book other than this. I like this relationship the two of them build. This almost-love, this infatuation, this not...exactly a romance but there's an underlying tension and string of emotions that make you wonder. I love that, because it isn't in-your-face and it lets you come to your own conclusions.

The ending did make me sad. It's one of the few bittersweet endings I wish had been a little happier just because my heart ached for both of them. But, again, this is probably my new favorite of Hannah's books. Bravo!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teeth.

07/30/2012 page 119
44.0% "How can someone write a single sentence and make me love it so much? Multiple times within the same book, no less?!"