kimyunalesca's Reviews > Between the Land and the Sea

Between the Land and the Sea by Derrolyn Anderson

Sep 11, 11

I don’t read much stories about Mermaids but I like how Ms. Derrolyn Anderson put a very modern twist in a very old fairytale for me that felt a touch of the little mermaid in her novel series. To be honest I’m afraid of the ocean more likely I got pure high respect for it and of course sharks! The mere thought of it makes me scream! In the beginning of her storytelling made me more at ease upon thinking that somewhere out there in the vast wide blue ocean there’s a mermaid that’s always and will be looking out for us.

This story’s about a girl named Marina I like her name though a bit cliché it goes well with the story, it’s very now..this is also where Marina will learn how to adjust with her environment, going to a real school and I’m so thrilled for her entering High school yey! Though I’m a bit sad that she was left behind by her father its still concerns about her safety and just being a normal teenager experiencing life,boys,fashion,exploring almost everything, making new friends and so on. There are tear jerking parts which I love especially at the end makes me all aww..yet puzzling for her story’s just beginning ^_^
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Land and the Sea.