Kasey's Reviews > Noah

Noah by Jacquelyn Frank

Oct 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: audiobook, demons-gods-or-goddess, paranormal-romance, shifters-weres, vampires

So glad to finally get Noah's story. I've really enjoyed getting to know him throughout the series. I absolutely loved Kes when this story started. She was a strong heroine and was just what Noah needed in a mate. She could take care of herself and didn't make any bones about it. She had her own rough history and had a lot to get over and I appreciate that. If I was rating this book on just the romance of Noah and Kes I would give it four stars. Five if it wasn't for the long drawn out wait for them to get past the problems between them close to the end. It just didn't flow well for me and to be honest made me want to slap both of them Kes the most. The woman was stubborn to the end :)

But this story is number five in a series and there has been a subplot going on throughout the series and while I could understand how the bad guys came about and their coming around was pretty natural. The problem is for four books we have had a demoness named Ruth leading the big bad against the nightwalkers and we had no sign of her or explanation to what is going on with her. She was mentioned briefly in passing and that was it. To top it off this was originally the last book so I am glad to know Frank has decided to add a book to the series and I have hopes that all my questions will be answered there. Still not a fan of Jasmine, but look forward to reading her story regardless.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Noah.

message 1: by Xe (new) - added it

Xe Sands I think you'll be satisfied with Jasmine in ADAM. While she still gets her snark on and remains the queen of the biting remark, she is also far more empathetic than in previous books.

Kasey Thanks. I'm sure I'll like Jasmine. I've really enjoyed the series.