Ursula Gorman's Reviews > Heart of Evil: Book 2 in Krewe of Hunters Series

Heart of Evil by Heather Graham

The Evil series continues with Heart of Evil. Heather Graham does a great job of continuing the characters from the first book to this book, while subtely shifting the focus from the main characters of the first book to the 'new' main characters of the second, yet not losing focus on any of the 'Krewe'.
Jake is a likeable character that seems to be content with his life, but you soon find out he lost his soul mate years before when his 'abilities' scared her off...now she needs his help. Returning to her home in equal parts anticipation and dread, he can't help but think about what used to be.
Ashley made the biggest mistake in her life, pushing Jake away years before, but she fears what she doesn't understand. Now, can she have Jake so near and trust him to help her?
There is plenty of paranormal, mystery, suspense, unexplained happenings, lots of interesting characters and a great plot to get through in this second installment in the 'Krewe of Hunters' series; and Heart of Evil delivers!
I would recommend this book, and the series, to anyone that has a romantic streak but likes a little mystery to go along with it!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of Evil.

Julia Thanks, Ursula. I'm just finishing Phantom Evil and was hoping the main characters continued in the following books. I'm hooked, so I'll read them regardless. Nice review.

Ursula Gorman Julia, I'm glad the review strenghtened your resolve to read the rest. I really enjoy Heather Grahams work and would highly recommend them all. She has great talent for blending supernatural and reality. I'm a pretty grounded person, but enjoy the 'escape' her writing provides. Hope you enjoy the rest of them!