Jaclyn's Reviews > Bitter Is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office

Bitter Is the New Black by Jen Lancaster

Sep 21, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit, books-i-own
Recommended to Jaclyn by: Megan
Read from September 11 to 15, 2011

I liked this book. Jen Lancaster is a self-professed B***h, and she cracks me up. It was interesting to see how her life slowly evolved from being a high-society princess to barely getting by and wondering how they were going to pay the rent. I guess I can see why so many people didn't like this book, but all the negative reactions honestly surprised me b/c I liked it so much. It's not a profound read by any means, but it was entertaining.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitter Is the New Black.

message 1: by Michelle♥ (last edited Sep 21, 2011 02:43PM) (new)

Michelle♥ I just marked this to read yesterday because goodreads recommended it to me. I hope this recommendation is sound.

I'm glad to hear/see that you liked it. I wanted another laugh out loud funny book, kind of like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, but a NEW direction. 'Cause with those books its always the same thing happening over and over again.

I wanted another mental palate cleanser and this seems like the type that would do it. Something light, entertaining, and to have a chuckle with.