Kasey's Reviews > Good Girls Don't

Good Girls Don't by Victoria Dahl

Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, men-in-uniform
Read from September 11 to 12, 2011

I almost wanted to give this four stars. I was really liking most of the book. But there was one constant thing going on that I just couldn't stand. It was outrageously ridiculous and got worse as the story went on.

For the most part Tessa was my kind of heroine. She was happy, fun, confident, she went for what she wanted and seemed to have no regrets. From the minute she called and asked Luke out I knew I was going to like her. And I did. I enjoyed all her interaction with Jake. I loved the progress of their relationship minus the little mess at the end. The trouble was what started as one little white lie that turned into a disaster. Every time she piled on top of it and the whole mess she made of it. One lie after another and her "solutions" I just kept thinking she needed counseling. That whole mess was like nails on a chalkboard for me. She had all these great qualities and was smart so how she thought this would work or was okay just drove me nuts. And that no one put their foot down and REALLY tried to stop her train wreck when they found out just grated my nerves. It cost this book a star for how much I liked the book. It was still a good book. Light, fun, and pretty easy to read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Girls Don't.