Melissa ( Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf)'s Reviews > Eve

Eve by Anna Carey

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: reviewed-net-galley
Read from September 26 to 29, 2011

This book left me feeling very conflicted. I really enjoyed the world that Anna Carey built and I loved most of her characters. The plot was fast paced and introduced enough new characters to keep me flipping the pages in anticipation of what was to come. I loved the concept of Eve, graduating school (that rite of passage into adulthood) and then discovering that the world as she knew it was a lie. Suddenly this book smart yet incredibly naive young girl is running loose in the wilds of a post apocalyptic America and struggling to survive.

However, at some point about half way through the book...I came to the realization that I really didn't care much for Eve. Her constant naivete and foolish decisions became annoying and soon seemed worse than naive but rather self centered. She made reckless decisions, one after another, and when others suffered for her mistakes...or even lost their lives...she seemed to feel that an apology and acknowledgement of her mistakes would be all it took to "fix" things and move on.

Despite not loving the main character, I did find this book to be quite entertaining..I really enjoyed many of the secondary characters and was caught completely by surprise by the end. I may not rush out to buy the sequel the day it is released...but I suspect that I will eventually need to know how the story continues.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eve.

09/26/2011 page 50
09/27/2011 page 60
30.0% "Sneaking out of the office to grab some lunch and read a fw more pages of Eve!!"
show 2 hidden updates…