Ami's Reviews > A Little Bite of Magic

A Little Bite of Magic by M.J. O'Shea

Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: mm-romance-or-erotica, mm-supernatural-power
Read on September 12, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This story has a lot of cuteness, that's for sure. I'm sure to those who love M.J. O'Shea's stories will be happy to add this to their collection.

But I have few personal issues with it.

First, I have never been a fan of a witch using charm spell (even if it's innocent charm) in the beginning of a relationship. Sure what Frankie did to Addison wasn't life-changing, that they both came around because of their own attraction, but it doesn't sit right for me. And how Addison just takes this all in a stride ... yeah, I guess I expect confrontation rather than quick acceptance.

Second, Addison is still engaged when he acts on his attraction to Frankie. He broke it up AFTER several kisses and he already on his way of thinking of Frankie as his boyfriend. THAT is also not a very favorite thing of mine. I guess since I am not warming up to Addison (I think he's a bit boring) so much, I cannot forgive this one that easily.

Third, I actually counted twenty "I love yous" in the last 21 pages, and that's just a bit too much sweetness for my personal liking. The whole cuisine making is delicious though, if M.J. gives up recipes in the back on this story in will be awesome *grin*
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bite of Magic.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah the Charms and Fairy Wine seemed almost like date rape drugs. Even if it was just to get him to “loosen up” it is still wrong to drug Charm someone to make it easier to hook up with them. But Frankie was sweet and I liked him but the charms and getting him so intoxicated before they do anything physical did seem wrong IMO I didn’t mention it in my review too distracted by Julia

message 2: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami I agree that Frankie was sweet, but like you said, it did feel like date-rape drugs, EVEN if the goal is innocent.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions yeah sadness no better than his mom trying to force bind him to that one guy against his will