Eunice's Reviews > Where She Went

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

5 of 5 stars

I think I just finished one of the most beautiful stories I'd ever seen. This one seriously got me. The first time I ever cried over a book! :))

Oh God! This book is just really WOW WOW WOW! It is soo beautiful I don't know how I should start this review. Hmmm...so let just say this book really went deep down my heart, the very first [book] to reach it and made me cry. Yup, I never really cried over a book but this one's an exception. Throughout the time I was reading, there are moments I needed to stop, take a deep breath, wipe my tears and let what I just read sink in. I finished this book in a one shot reading. God, I couldn't really stop.

Reading this book in Adam's point of view was really different, seriously very touching. The way he told his stories, his pain, his sadness, his longing, his grief its like he's also putting it on me, making me understand everything he felt. So when he and Mia met I was like 'oh my,what's gonna happen now?'. Hope was rising in me, thinking that yeah, they'll fix this and be together again but also some part of me doesn't want to expect something really good. I was making myself ready of the probability that Adam and Mia will not end up with each other. So when Mia told Adam that she hates him, it was heart breaking, but somehow I sort of accepted it, that maybe the whole point of this book is that though it might not end well between them there's this great lesson they would learn that would greatly change their lives. But I was wrong! Coz it wasn't like that. Mia wanted everything to be understood by Adam. How the accident has greatly affected her, and how she was able to survive it. Finally Adam understands why Mia left him, why she made that decision. And yes, they got back together again.

I love how Gayle Forman wrapped up the story. The way he concluded the story. It wasn't like the oh-so-happy ending most people would want but it was something simple and really beautiful. Really beautiful.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where She Went.

Quotes Eunice Liked

Gayle Forman
“You don’t share me. You own me.”
Gayle Forman, Where She Went

Gayle Forman
“But I'd do it again. I know that now. I'd make that promise a thousand times over and lose her a thousand times over to have heard her play last night or to see her in the morning sunlight. Or even without that. Just to know that she's somewhere out there. Alive.”
Gayle Forman, Where She Went

Jasprit Awesome review Eunice, I remember reading this book in one day thats how much I loved it! I loved how we got to see everything from Adam's pov. This book seriously broke my heart too!

Eunice Thanks Jasprit! I never really realized I'd get so emotional over a book narrated by a boy until this. I stayed up really late just to finish this book too. The whole time I was reading, I just wanted to jump into the story and hug Adam. Lol >:DD