JennRenee's Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

May 06, 12

bookshelves: challenge-2012-spring-read
Read from March 25 to 27, 2012

I heard a lot of hype over this book and knew I had to see what all the hype was about so I picked it up. The book was somewhat confusing for me and was a little slow at the start, but about half way through it picked up, cleared up, and ended up grabbing my heart.

I can’t say too much about the story without giving to much away so I will say what I can in the least amount of words possible….. Girl who doesn’t have parents or family lives on her own and hangs out with some pretty freaky creatures, one who collects teeth. She can speak pretty much any language and she can wish things to be. Other than this she doesn’t know who she is or where she is from, but she knows she is not normal.

She meets a boy, a boy she wants to hate and fear but she can’t. A boy that made an attempt on her life but stopped because there was something about her that made him stop. He is beautiful, mysterious, and possibly a dangerous decision.

When girl meets boy…. her life and who she is becomes known along with a lot of bad, a lot of love, and a whole big mess.

So that’s the story in a nutshell. Karou is awesome, she is fun and I really don’t think there was anything about her I didn’t just love. Akiva….Bad boy, good looks, gentle heart. No need to say more.
The story has romance, intrigue, mysteries, and thrills. The story is written so beautifully and dark and I was immersed in a whole new world. I will absolutely read the next installment.