Krista Ashe's Reviews > My Heart Be Damned

My Heart Be Damned by Chanelle Gray

Aug 12, 2012

bookshelves: my-112-of-2012
Read in July, 2012

This book would probably be a 4.5 for me, but oh, Goodreads why can't you give us half stars?

Don't let the girl in the pretty dress cover fool you. Amerie is a girl who knows how to kick ass and take names! The cemetery factor is truthful because she does like to hang out in them--they're kinda her zen place, although they can also get her into trouble when a demon or two shows up.

Amerie's world has never been totally normal. Schooled by her mother from a young age, she knows she is different--destined to be a hunter. However, when her mother is killed, Amerie wants nothing more of the world of demons who took her mother's life. But kinda like the line in Godfather III, the more she tries to get out of hunting, the more she is pulled back in!! Demons are after her blood, and she'll have to fight to stay alive.

So enter Marshall--the Mr. Myagi to her Karate Kid(altho a lot younger and waaaay hotter!!) The chemistry between the two is explosive and smolders on the page, or kindle screen! Marshall is a true alpha male, and just when you want to swoon for him, you also want to smack him. He gives Amerie lots of mixed messages and the oh so forbidden love/lust factor. But then he's hiding a secret that could be harmful for the both of them.

The giving of the 4.5 stars, not 5 comes from me wishing Amerie had gotten her game on sooner. Each time she got into a scuffle, Marshall had to save her. I'm not saying the girl was in training and could use some help, but I would've like her to ball bust once on her own!

Lots of plot twists and turns, and I can't WAIT for the sequel!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Heart Be Damned.

Laura San Martín me gustaria que estuviese en español