Thomas Dean's Reviews > After America: Get Ready for Armageddon

After America by Mark Steyn

Sep 29, 11

Read from September 10 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy

Mark Steyn dares to go where no one is brave enough to venture. The focus of this book is to show how the choices Americans and politicians are making with government are in fact destroying us. He compares America to empires of the past such as Rome and Britain; in this comparison, he points out the mistakes those empire made that led to their destruction and how America is not very different. He delves into America's inevitable decline and asks how steep or gradual will we decline. According to his book, we are headed over a cliff very soon.

He uses the two topics that were his main focus in his previous book "America Alone"; which are demography and Islamization. If you do not know about the demographic disaster approaching, you really ought to read either this book or America Alone. If you think worry of Islamization can be chalked up to Islamophobia, you REALLY ought to read America Alone. This book definitely touches on the subject matter, but the other book delves much deeper.

On Steyn's writing style, I really enjoy the fact that he can rite about such dark subject matters and make jokes at the same time. It definitely helps get through the awfulness on which he is shedding light. Steyn is succinct and concise, while never getting overly detailed. HE is also very thorough in his citations.

I cannot tell if this book is as impressive as his other book that I have mentioned. The first book astounded me and opened my eyes to concepts an facts I had never heard of. I would probably rate this closer to 4.5 if that were an option, but 5 stars it shall get.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After America.

09/10/2011 page 25