Jeanne's Reviews > Dragonseye

F 50x66
Sep 17, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, science-fiction
Read from September 10 to 16, 2011

As this was my second Anne McCaffrey book I've ever read, I am now realizing why so many people have fallen in love with her writing. Her writing is brilliant. I don't know what it is, perhaps the subtlety of the development of the characters, she doesn't spell everything out and allows the imagination to take over and develop connections with her characters, but by the end of the book, I am in love with her characters and truly feel like I'm at Pern with them ready for Thread to fall. Such a complex and creative storyline yet simple enough to relate to her characters and their life challenges on Pern. I found my heart racing as much as their hearts ready to battle Thread for the next 50 years. Any author that can transport me to whatever world they share with us as readers gets thumbs up big time with me. I am reading this series in chronological order as I don't really know how else to. I am enjoying moving forward in time with the adventures of Pern. The first book was the establishment of Pern using the technology they brought. This book was the deterioration of the remanining technology brought by their ancestors and the continued creation of a new world with all the technological losses. It's so creative and intriguing how she creates these worlds and the dilemmas the people of Pern have to face. I am hooked and it is a guarrantee I will read all works by Anne as she is becoming one of my favorite authors.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonseye.