Jenn's Reviews > The Shuttle

Jun 02, 08

bookshelves: 2008books
Recommended to Jenn by: Susan, Tyra
Read in June, 2008

Susan and Tyra suggested this book as a part of the Persephone collection. I enjoyed it, but I didn't really find it to be the page turner I was expecting it to be. It was a nice read with an interesting story line. The book centers around two heiresses from New York. One sister, Rosalie, marries an English duke who proceeds to make her miserable. The younger sister, Bettina, goes to England after many years to save Rosalie from her torturous husband and help her to turn her life around. The girls befriend many people and eventually build a very nice life for themselves with their friends and family. I found the characters in the this story to be very interesting and compelling. I have decided that I want to be Betty who is absolutley perfect in all aspects and does not seem to know it! I also really enjoyed G Seldon who greatly brightened the dreary country side with his "American slang" and overall niceness. I look forward to reading more books from this collection. Keep 'em coming Susan! ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shuttle.