Kari's Reviews > Wedlocked

Wedlocked by Bonnie Trachtenberg

Sep 14, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from September 10 to 14, 2011

Wedlocked is an amusing and heart warming story about life, family and second chances. Rebecca Ross realizes on her wedding day that she has made a horrible mistake. But to please her mother, she decides to stick it out and go on her honeymoon. The story then goes back in time as she reflects on her life to figure out how she arrived at this point. Her honeymoon turns out to be a disaster, yet it only reinforces her mistake. Will she ever get her happy ending?

I really liked Rebecca. Her character was very real to me. She isn't perfect and makes many mistakes in her life. Yet, she is willing to own up to those mistakes and try again. She also learns that with support and love from friends and family, her life can get better. I also loved Michael. He was really sweet and I just loved the interactions he has with Rebecca. I would have liked to see more development of the relationship between Michael and Rebecca. I though that the jump into the epilogue was too fast and left me wanting more.

Ms. Trachtenberg has written a great debut novel. I definitely recommend it. It grabbed my attention right form the beginning. It also had some great laugh out loud moments. I look forward to seeing more from her in the future.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wedlocked.