Saly's Reviews > The S Before Ex

The S Before Ex by Mira Lyn Kelly

3192922
Sep 10, 11

bookshelves: 2nd-chance-at-love, category-romance, harlequin-presents, harlequin-silhouette
Recommended to Saly by: Lemon
Read in September, 2011

I really enjoyed this one. Claire and Ryan got married when they were too young, Claire was eighteen and she made Ryan her whole world. Her parents abandoned her when she got pregnant and then she lost her baby and her world changed. Something broke in her and she couldn't connect at all so she pushed Ryan away, moved to another place for school and one day called Ryan to say that she wasn't coming back. She did what she felt was right, try to re-build her life while setting Ryan free to live his.

When they meet again, both of them have changed. Claire is now independent and successful and so is Ryan. He comes to her to Rome because of the divorce papers she filed. He feels he owes her and wants her to receive fair settlement so they decide to hash it out what each they didn't count on was the sparks that exist between them.

Then comes the revelations. Ryan moved on because he thought Claire had but she couldn't, not because of Ryan but because of losing her baby. They both decide to explore the sparks between them by starting a temporary affair while they hash things through.

I didn't mind that the hero wasn't celibate because he kept his vows and only broke them when he thought Claire had. Their marriage was indeed over and I did like seeing them find each other when they were more mature and confident.

I would have loved an epilogue for this.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The S Before Ex.

Lemon Glad you enjoyed this too. Epilogue would have been nice!

Booklover Great Review!seems yeh toh read karna hi hai

Saly Lululemon it was such a good use of my 2 hours :)

BL definitely read karo.