Larissa's Reviews > Imaginary Girls

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma

Sep 10, 11

bookshelves: own
Read in August, 2011

When Ruby said something I may not have always listened to her, but I always believed her. When Rudy said it was impossible for me to ever drown, I believed her. When Ruby said she would never leave me, I believed her. When Ruby said the impossible, I believed her. I had no reason not too. Everything she said always had a way of coming true. That was the magic of Ruby.

Being Ruby's little sister meant always being seen as Ruby's little sister, but I never really minded. Although everyone loved Ruby, would do anything for Ruby, in the end she only loved me. My sister practically raised me; she was the only one who ever cared for me. But after that night at the reservoir, the attempted swim across, I realised just how far she was willing to go to save me.

Imaginary Girls is a tale of love, sacrifice and the bond shared between two sisters. While the captivating and magical Ruby is the centre of Chloe's world, it is the reserved and awkward Chloe who is the centre of this story. A poignant, raw and fantastic story where girls rise from the dead, people live in underwater towns, balloons bring midnight messages of love and one sister will never stop believing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imaginary Girls.