Christopher's Reviews > The Dyslexic Advantage: Unlocking the Hidden Potential of the Dyslexic Brain

The Dyslexic Advantage by Brock L. Eide

Aug 03, 14

bookshelves: philosophy, perception
Read from September 09, 2011 to September 19, 2013

I started reading this book thinking ok maybe this will be useful but more then likely it will just be an interesting read. well so far I am over half way though it reading the fourth advantage of this kind of mindset, and I absolutely love it. its the first book to make me outright laugh out loud while I listen it draws on information from other books I have read and can be found on my bookshelf here on good reads. including wisdom, predictably irrational, the invisible gorilla, talent is overrated, and even the couple books on gameing I have read like fun .inc and reality is broken. I just love it it so fits who I am and the observations of my own life as I try to figure out what I can do to do thing better.

the book reviews I have come across that poke at the idea that this is a solid explanation or try to discredit the comparisons made in the book I can understand but if you look past that to what they say about how the advantages work and you recognize that you work that way can be quite helpful in refining what you do and how you do it. The books I have mentioned don't exactly lend themselves to fitting with this book they may even feel contradictory at times but there are points of value in each of them that helped me understand and use what this book has to offer so far. you can think of it as tenderizer and flavor to spice up my experience reading this book making it an even better read for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dyslexic Advantage.

09/19/2013 marked as: read