Taryn Elliott's Reviews > Salvation in Death

Sep 18, 11

bookshelves: fangirl, audio, roarke-a-licious
Read from September 09 to 18, 2011

Just wow.
By now, if you read any of my reviews you know that I'm a total LaNora fan. I love her unconditionally, and even a 'meh' Nora is better than most authors out there. Yes, yes, it's my opinion and I'm good with that.

But the In Death series has been a favorite of mine for YEARS. I'm a Roarke addict...Completely. And I'm good with that. The underlying relationships that spread through all the books are what keep me coming back again and again. The police procedures are amazing, but it's the characters that drive the series. And honestly, it's the characters that drive any Nora book. As amazing as she is with setting and the overall story, it's the characters that MAKE a great Nora novel.

THIS is for all the Eve and Roarke fans out there. SO many tender moments between these guys. From the fun and outrageous to the sweet and passionate, it's a must-read for the E/R lovers out there. Oh and if you have a deep and abiding love for all things Peabody and McNab you won't be disappointed either.

Then there's the story. Religion and the grey lines between bad guy and good guy are tested through this entire story making the procedural part just as amazing as the rest.

Add in a few cameos from past books and I was a happy bunny.

Total *SIGH* factor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salvation in Death.

Quotes Taryn Liked

J.D. Robb
“Eve: What is it about asking you Catholic questions that gets you all jumpy?

Roarke: You'd be jumpy, too, if I asked you things that make you feel the hot breath of hell at your back.

Eve: You're not going to hell.

Roarke: Oh, and have you got some inside intel on that?

Eve: You married a cop...you married me. I'm your goddamn salvation.”
J.D. Robb, Salvation in Death

09/16/2011
55.0% "**sigh** lotsa lovely e/r moments in this one."