E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn's Reviews > My Soul to Lose

My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent

Really, really good start to a series. Luv it.

description

Review 11/06/2011

The Plot - It's original, really original. Kaylee has a secret that no one knows. When she is near someone that is going to die she screams. Not just an 'I broke my foot scream' but a really, really 'tear up your throat scream'.

The Characters - This is a short story, so I couldn't know much of them. Nevertheless, it was enough to know that Keilee is a teen with some really dark secret and has to hide or else she'll be in deep shit. Her aunt is trying to be eighteen again, her uncle loves her and wants the to help, but doesn't know how, her cousin sounds like a bitch to me, and so on. But the character that really gave me the creeps was Lydia. Who the heck is she? And, most important, what the heck is her secret?

The Writing - This is one of those writers that make things come to life. Reading her description of the scream building up inside Keilee I could literally feel it inside of me. I could hear it in my ears. By the time I was done with it my throat was sore like I had screamed along with her.

description

The Recording - Really good, but the guy's voices wasn't a guy's voices. She read as it was, without forcing the voice to make like a guy's voice. That was nice and better then if she had tried, cose her voice is really girly like, and would have been weird. She has a nice tone and does the reading very well.

Considerations - I've heard lots of great things about this series before and it was on my TBR list for a long time, but I never got around to read it. I was missing out. This is a breath of fresh air and I needed something different to read. The thing that I luv the most was the way that the little things were being uncovered and the more I discovered the more I needed to know. The air of mystery was breathtaking and the straps were just down right creepy. In the end I had to stop myself from jumping into the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Lose.

Quotes E.V.Franzmnn Liked

Rachel Vincent
“Em didn't truly understand about my panic attacks - no one did. But she'd never pushed me to explain, never tried to ditch me when things got weird, and never once looked at me like I was a freak.”

Rachel Vincent
“I couldn't see who swam in the darkness, who wore shadows like a second skin.”

Rachel Vincent
“She watched me with a creepy sort of detached curiosity, as if I were a bug crawling across the sidewalk in front of her. I wondered briefly if she was the ant stomper type.”

Rachel Vincent
“Great. I'm psychotic and sparkly.”

Rachel Vincent
“Relief washed over me like that first air-conditioned breeze on a hot summer day.”

Rachel Vincent
“Kaylee do you know why you are here?"
"Yeah. Because the doors are locked.”
Rachel Vincent, My Soul to Lose

Heidi Wow you aee jumping ahead of the December read. Sounds like this is a promising start.

message 2: by E.V.Franzmnn (last edited Nov 06, 2011 10:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn heid21 wrote: "Wow you aee jumping ahead of the December read. Sounds like this is a promising start."

I'm a bad girl, I know :P,, but I was needing a fresh air and something really quick that wouldn't drag on to the week (i have up to my neck with other books as you know) so since we are already set to read this series I decided to read this short pre-series and see if it was good. I've finished in like 2h and had to restrain myself from start the next book,, can't wait to december *.*

Heidi Elisandra wrote: "heid21 wrote: "Wow you aee jumping ahead of the December read. Sounds like this is a promising start."

Yeah I am looking forward to it too. Are you still floatinfpg the
river of dreams with the gang?

E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn heid21 wrote: "Elisandra wrote: "heid21 wrote: "Wow you aee jumping ahead of the December read. Sounds like this is a promising start."

I'm a bad girl, I know :P,, but I was needing a fresh air and something rea..."

I'm listening and Ash' voice is older than I had imagined, but is cool nevertheless,,, very Ice cold and the guy does a really good interpretation of the text,,,