Maria's Reviews > Cataclysm

Cataclysm by C.L. Parker

Dec 15, 11

Read from December 01 to 02, 2011

I'd like to thank the publisher for a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. Cataclysm is the second book in the Supernova series by C.L. Parker. I reviewed the first book, Supernova earlier this year. I could paste and copy that review right here and it would stand for both books. C.L. Parker did a great job with her novel, hitting just the right notes of romance, supernatural, thriller, and humor.

I didn't think it was possible, but the characters were even more vivid in Cataclysm. Even the secondary characters sparkled with life. The bantering between them was hysterical, and the obvious care, protectiveness, and love they had for each other was a joy to read.

As for the romance, do you like it hot and steamy? And lots of it? Kerrigan and Dominic provide all you could want. Just one look between them raises the temperature in the room by a couple degrees! It's fairly explicit, so be prepared. It had me blushing!

The story moves smoothly at a good pace. It kept my attention the whole way through. I read it in two sessions (only because I fell asleep at 2am during the first reading). Cataclysm is a great supernatural romance for adults. Make sure you read them both, and let's hope for a third in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cataclysm.