Ravwrin's Reviews > Legacies

Legacies by Mercedes Lackey

U 50x66
Sep 09, 2011

A teen befriends four others when the world she knew is flipped upside down after her family dies in a car accident. While recuperating in the hospital she also finds out that her home has been burned to the ground as well. She is sent to Oakhurst Academy where she is told she is a Legacy and that means she's a magician. Her magic hasn't fully manifested like the others but they are able to stop something that has plagued the students of Oakhurst for years.

I've been looking for a good book for a while and while I've read others, this one makes me want to read more. For me, this was refreshing. The characters were engaging and the plot fascinating to say the least. From the start I knew something was up in the school that no one was talking about. And when Spirit and her friends found a compelling clue in the basement I knew something was up even more. The crew of course ends up saving the day but in a very exciting way. All in all I just loved this book and can't wait to get my hands on the next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacies.