mrsj's Reviews > Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Sep 21, 11

Read from September 20 to 21, 2011

I don't usually watch horror shows/movies or read horror books because I have a very pretty imaginative mind and yes.. I am timid.
There.. I say it out loud now.

So I sort of gathered all my wits to read this book and I would say, IT WAS WORTH IT!
This book is intense, enticing, spoooooooky, funny and heartbreaking.
I love reading it from the male's POV but it can be a bit challenging as it's actually quite descriptive on certain matters that I wish not to read and put more scary things into my mind.

Have you guys watch Supernatural?
The two Winchesters brothers who are out hunting supernatural beings and rid them off from our world?
Well.. Anna Dressed in Blood is something like that.
(Er, I thought there's some similarities..
* Dead father - check
* Constantly on the move - check
* No friends except family members or friends who deal with same stuff - check
* Kills ghosts - check
and Et Cetera Et Cetera)

Theseus Cassio(Cas) Lowood is not your normal average 17 year old boy.
He comes from a family of ghost-hunter and he is constantly on the move with his father and mother trying to rid the world of the harmful ghosts who are just plain evil and murderous.
However all these changed when his dad was killed mysteriously when he was 7 years old. Cas take this as his responsibility to carry on the family's legacy, equipped with his dad's athame.

10 years later, trained for the job, Cas came upon a tip on Anna from Thunder Bay, Ontario. Anna Korlov. Anna Dressed in Blood. (I don't know why, the first time I read this line, I felt the hair rise on the back of my neck. Spook much?) And off he goes with his white witch mum not knowing that something big awaits.

Cas registered for school to mingle with the folks to fish out more information about Anna. Anna who was sixteen, who killed 27 teenagers in the last half century. The Anna who had her throat cut while she was in her white party dress on the way to a school dance. *looking around the corners of the house and shudders*

In the school and town, Cas get to know the queen bee (Carmel), the Trojan Army (Mike, Will and Chase) and the reject/Geek/wizards (Thomas & his grandfather, Morfran).

And then, Cas meet Anna. Anna Dressed in Blood with dark purplish veins cut through her pale white skin, long shadow-less black hair moving and snaking and drifting like reeds wearing her wet, blood soaked dress that drips blood to the ground. Drips drips drips.... *shakes head violently to get rid of the image*

Anyway, Anna is strong, dangerous and way too spooky!
However when you find out what happened to Anna, you can't help but feel pity for her and understand the pull Cas had for her.

It's tragic and the ending just kills me.
I don't know how book 2 will be like but I hope it is something which I am looking forward for.

Ready to be spook? Read this book! ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna Dressed in Blood.

Quotes mrsj Liked

Kendare Blake
“She's my purpose and we're going to save each other. We're going to save everyone. And then I'm going to convince her that she's supposed to stay here. With me.”
Kendare Blake, Anna Dressed in Blood

Kendare Blake
“You make me want things I can't have.”
Kendare Blake, Anna Dressed in Blood