L.M. Stull's Reviews > Forbidden Mind

Forbidden Mind by Karpov Kinrade

Sep 10, 11

Read in September, 2011 — I own a copy

What if everything you knew about your life, about your future, about your past, was turned upside down?

In Kimberly Kinrade's Forbidden Mind we are introduced to a world similar to our own, but one where those with paranormal powers exist. The book is told from the point of view of Sam, a girl who can read minds, and I fell in love with her at the very onset of this book.

A telepathic spy, Sam resides with other extraordinary kids, including her dear friends, Lucy and Luke, at a place they've dubbed Rent-A-Kid.

Sam's extremely close to being able to leave and start a life of her own, but her world is turned upside down when she “meets” a similarly-abled boy, Drake. He helps her see her world with a different set of eyes, and the life she thought she understood comes crashing down around her.

Through all the questions, hurt and doubt, Sam and her friends not only don't give up, but together, become stronger.

Forbidden Mind is one of those stories whose characters and emotions lasso your heart and soul. I finished the book a few hours ago and still, here I sit, with each of my new “friends” on my mind. This book teaches those who are younger, and reminds those of us with more life experience, to never give up, to remember to always have room in your heart to love and trust, and above all, to stand up for what you believe in.

To say that I anxiously await the next installment of this series would be the understatement of the century. But I must warn you, if you choose to read this book, prepare yourself. Do not make any plans on the day you begin, as once you start, you will not be able to put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Mind.

09/10/2011
41.0% "I CANNOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »