booklady's Reviews > The Dawkins Delusion?: Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine

The Dawkins Delusion? by Alister E. McGrath

Apr 21, 08

bookshelves: possible-purchase
Recommended to booklady by: Chris Taylor

I *probably* won't buy this but I do want to list it because I just learned about it as the Christian answer to Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion".

When I learn about good sources which answer questions I may want to research/look into later, need a good safe place to jot them down! I do hope to read it, however.

About the McGraths: (from Wikipedia - only used for brief info about them)

Alister McGrath, the primary author, studied chemistry and molecular biophysics at Oxford, and moved on to study Christian theology, specialising in issues of science and religion. He is also the author of Dawkins’ God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life (Blackwells, 2004). Joanna Collicutt McGrath, the co-author, is his wife. She is a deacon at Oxford[1] with background in experimental psychology and Christian theology, specializing in biblical studies. Currently lecturer in the psychology of religion at Heythrop College, University of London, she has made a particular contribution to the sections on biblical studies, and the relationship of religion with psychology and the neurosciences. Her book, Meeting Jesus: Human Responses to a Yearning God, co-written with Jeremy Duff, was published by SPCK in 2006. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dawk...]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dawkins Delusion?.