Ben's Reviews > A Memory of Light

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

1977794
Mar 03, 13

Read from February 13 to March 03, 2013 — I own a copy

And just like that. The fantasy book series that I have come to love has finally come to an end. Yes, I have just finished reading the 14th and final book of the The Wheel of Time epic fantasy series A Memory of Light.

4 years ago, when I was starting to read novels, The Eye of the World, the first volume of the series, was one of the books I first picked up. I was hesitant to buy the copy because I thought it was thick for a beginner like me. But a blurb on the back of the book was too compelling to resist it. The blurb says:

"Robert Jordan has come to dominate the world that Tolkien began to reveal."

So I took it off the shelf, went straight to cashier and paid it in cash. And my journey into my imagination in Robert Jordan's world began.

"Exquisite!" It's the right word to describe one of the 4 battlefronts the army of the Light formed on the "The Last Battle", according to Thom Merillin. (Thom is a bard in the book.) And I think it's the perfect word to describe this book as well. The author was true to his promise that the last book would be an all-out war between good and evil. The book will make you feel the battle scenes as if they're really happening. It was so vivid. The main characters stood out on their own heroic ways. It was an enjoyable read. Questions were answered. Loose ends were tied up. A Memory of Light is the best in the series.

Brandon Sanderson has done it again! His writing's been amazingly impressive. He took over when Jordan died in 2007. He was the perfect choice. I read his Mistborn trilogy. It was a fantastic series, one that could rival other fantasy epics like "The Wheel of Time". Only Mistborn is short and is not as rich as The Wheel of Time in world building. Jordan wrote the first 11 volumes while Sanderson finished the last 3, relying on Jordan's notes.

As for the setting and plot of this series, I would recommend an article on wikipedia. I don't think I can make an overview of this series as comprehensive as the one presented on the site. click here

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Memory of Light.

02/21/2013 page 345
02/27/2013 page 654
71.0% "im currently reading the enormous 200-page chapter 37 . too tired to read this now. the battle scenes are overwhelming!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Johan Patrick (new)

Johan Patrick Sy wow. :) yung hardcover. mahal nyan. :) expensive pa sa Inferno. :)

message 2: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars