Andy's Reviews > Dreams of Significant Girls

Dreams of Significant Girls by Cristina García

Sep 09, 11

In theory this book could have been fabulous, but I felt that in execution it fell a bit short. Granted that this is not generally the type of book i'd read maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but this is what I thought of it.
Good characters- I thought the three girls, Vivien, Shirin and Ingrid, were well done. They're personalities were as diverse as they're brackrounds. They were fun to read about and well formed.

Interesting setting- I know it's been done before but the whole boarding school for a month thing really worked well in this story. It was fun to see how things changed over the course of three years.

Historical- I liked how historical elements where thrown into the story periodically- it kept things interesting.

Overly sexualized- Now maybe it's just me, but there seemed like an awful lot of sexual acts/discussions took place within the pages of this book.

All-in-all it wasn't a bad book, but I dont ever see myself trying to read it again. Maybe I should stop picking up my sisters books....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of Significant Girls.