Dawn (Kat N Hat)'s Reviews > Sugarplums and Scandal

Sugarplums and Scandal by Lori Avocato

Oct 07, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, vampires
Read from October 04 to 06, 2011

I think that I have been mislead by this book. It was supposed to be romance/mystery. So far 2 mysteries and 1 kiss. 1 Kiss does not constitute a romance story in my book. Noticing a guy is good looking, isn't enough either.

I am going to make it through this book just because it has a short from the Love at Stake series.

Lori Avacato- All I want for Christmas.1 Star I liked the humor, but that was about all. The plot was sketchy, underdeveloped and unrealistic. There was a mystery but no Romance, only a lusting after a hot guy. There was a kiss from said hot guy under the mistletoe. That is not enough to classify as a romance. Not going to be looking for any of her work soon.

Dana Cameron- The Lords of Misrule. 3 Stars. I liked the story, good plot interesting characters. The mid level rating comes from my desire for a complete story. start, middle, end. I despise when an anthology story has great potential and the author just leaves the characters with out summing up the story or leaving you to assume there will be a HEA. Yes they left off happy but no conclusion. There was also no romance here. an interest but no romance.

Mary Dahiem- The Ghosts of Christmas Past 0 stars after 25 pages it seemed to be a list of the family tree, nothing interesting going on, i couldnt get into it.

Cait London- Partners in Crime-3 stars, cute story, some build up passion but not alot of romance.

Suzanne MacPherson- Holly go Lightly - 3 stars, cute snippet of life but not a mystery or romance not sure why the story was in this book.

Kerrelyn Sparks - a Very Vampy Christmas 5 stars Great story ! The beginning may have been a little rushed, but having followed the series it didn't matter to me. Funny, romance, HEA all a girl could want. This story actually made the book worthwhile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sugarplums and Scandal.