Robin DeJarnett's Reviews > When You Dare

When You Dare by Lori Foster

Sep 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read
Read in September, 2011

I'd heard a lot of good things about this series by Lori Foster, and was lucky enough to pick a couple of them up at a Borders liquidation. I enjoyed this first book, and look forward to the next.

The first in this series actually starts like it's a sequel. I haven't read the short story that spawned this series, and this book seems to start just after that. The hero, Dare Macintosh, is a hot, huge, hunky mercenary-type with a soft spot for women in need and Labrador retrievers. He rescues the heroine, Molly Alexander as almost an afterthought - she's a romance author caught in a human trafficking ring. From there, the two go on the run from California to Kentucky to Ohio.

Of course, Molly falls for Dare, and he's immediately drawn to her courage and strength. I liked Molly's strength - she's a very cool cucumber most of the time.

There are a few points where belief has to be suspended a bit...especially when Dare's super-security fails...but the writing keeps the story moving. A yummy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Dare.