Andrea's Reviews > The Vincent Boys

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Jul 18, 13

Read from October 14 to 15, 2011, read count: 1

I'm going to break a little hard-and-fast rule I have for myself. It's no biggie, just something I try to never do. Here goes: OMG, Y'ALL!! Ridiculous right? I have no problem with others saying OMG, it's just sounds ridiculous when I say it. But, OMG, OMG, OMG! The Vincent Boys completely rocked my world!

I was in a bit of a reading slump. I had been reading some awesome books (The Iron Queen and Bad to the Bone). And then, Zzzzzzz. The books (who will not be named) are not bad, just, ya know, not what I was looking for. When author Abbi Glines sent me the email with the book attached, I wanted it, bad. But, I had other books to read first. Still, I just kept looking at it, and still wanting it. So, yesterday afternoon, I looked around me, and said "Eff it. I'm reading The Vincent Boys now." But I was actually alone in my living room, so that was weird.

Anywayyy, I am SO, SO glad that I chucked everything out the window and opened up the delicious file that contained The Vincent Boys. This book had everything that makes for a fun, sexy, and enjoyable read.

Starting with the characters. Ashton was so fabulous. She is the perfect preacher's daughter, with the perfect boyfriend and perfect life. But, she's perfectly bored, as well. Her inner turmoil over what she should do and what she wants to do felt authentic. She wants to be what is expected of her, but she also wants to be the girl who knows how to have fun and get into a little trou
As for the Vincent boys, Sawyer and Beau, oh boy! I don't even know where to start with these two. Their both gorgeous, athletic, and have both been in love with Ashton for years. But they also couldn't be more different, personality-wise. Sawyer is sweet, respectful, everyone loves him. He has his, and Ashton's, whole future planned out. He's a really great guy.

And then, there was Beau. This is where I start OMG-ing again. Good lord, Abbi created quite a specimen when she invented Beau! I think we've all come across a Beau before (mine's name was Jody, looong story. I still smile like an idiot when I think about him. Heck, my mom still talks about him!). You know, the kind of guy who makes you want to do really bad things? Beau is trouble. Well, he seems to be, anyway. But Ashton knows a Beau no one else knows. Beneath his swagger and tough guy exterior, lies a guy who would do anything for the girl he loves.

I have to say, Abbi Glines did a terrific job incorporating a "true" Southern dialect into her story. I've come across some really bad attempts at Southern dialect before. Some that tried too hard, some that just downright offended me. She used terms and phrases that I never get to see when I'm reading and I adored it. Everytime I came across a phrase that I use in real life, I couldn't help but smile.

On a serious note, this book should come with a disclaimer. The disclaimer should read:

Do not attempt to read this book while using your elliptical. You will fall when the author shocks your ass off with a revelation of epic proportions.

You're laughing, but that's a true story. My knee still hurts.

The moral of the story? Be careful, people. The Vincent Boys is so awesome, it hurts.

Favorite Quote:

" 'Good isn't my thing but Sawyer's important to me. Please remember I've got my limits and you studying my mouth like you want a taste is pushing me dangerously close to the edge of those limits.'"

*I received an eARC of The Vincent Boys from the author, in exchange for an honest review.*
39 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Boys.

10/14/2011
1.0% "I'm so looking forward to this one!"
10/14/2011
25.0% "So freaking good. Love Beau!"
show 1 hidden update…

Juhina wow, im gonna read that next then!

Andrea It is fabulous! Hope you enjoy!

Kristin (KC) Awesome review...I have been thinking about reading this but your review has me convinced! Thanks ;)

Andrea Kris wrote: "Awesome review...I have been thinking about reading this but your review has me convinced! Thanks ;)"

Cool! I hope you enjoy it!Book two comes out next month.

message 5: by Sumaya (new) - added it

Sumaya that quote you just put there... yup that won me over.. definitley reading this now :)