Steph's Reviews > Deadly Descendant

Sep 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: author-웃, series-i-love, series-ongoing, year-read-2012, sos-bom
Read from April 26 to 29, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Descendant.

04/25/2012
04/26/2012
15.0% "Ah, the joys of living with supernatural alpha males."
04/28/2012
100.0% "3.5★"
show 1 hidden update…

Leah I've got high hopes for this one!!

Steph Me too! The first 1/4 was just okay, IMO. It's picking up some now, so I'm hopeful the 2nd 1/2 will rock. I loved the first book.

message 3: by Josie (new) - added it

Josie What was it about this one that made you drop the rating after a 5 star first-in-series book?

Steph Hey, Josie. Well, partly I think my expectations were a bit too high for this one. The first one rec'd such a high rating b/c it was different and surprised me. I really like the god/dess descendant story. Where that one kept me flippin' pages so fast I could'a bled out from paper cuts, this one wasn't thought about when I had to put it down for a bit (at least not in the first 1/4 or so).

I did enjoy it though. I am still very much intrigued by the boys (surprise) and their ... talents. ;) I am definitely continuing with the series.

Sorry I didn't post a review. I have a LONG list of those pending reviews, but sadly there never seems to be enough time.

I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think, if you read it. Actually, I need to post my thoughts @ SOS b/c I believe this is a BOM over there.

message 5: by Josie (new) - added it

Josie Thanks, Steph! I'm probably going to wait a bit since it's not even in kindle format yet and I'm trying to cut back on DTBs!
Lol, I liked the first one as well - I've always found mythology fascinating and I've been meaning to try another Jenna Black book since the first Morgan Kingsley book.
On a side note, even though it's most likely going to be Nikki-Jamaal, is it weird that I'm more drawn towards Anderson? :P

Steph No problem. Thanks for asking. I hear ya on the DTB cut back. No free space here either. No it's not weird at all. I cannot decide how I feel about Anderson. Sometimes I am all for him, others I'm thinking he's hiding a lot and kinda shady. Once you've read this one, let's chat about it more b/c if you remember (spoiler for book 1, not 2 -->) (view spoiler)

message 7: by Josie (new) - added it

Josie Yeah but, although I'm probably wrong, I feel like his wife is not going to be a nice person for some reason, maybe because of Blake's comment about her. I should probably just get on board with Jamaal and save myself the fustration lol :P

Steph Well, your instincts were right on the money, honey. LOL! ;)

message 9: by Josie (new) - added it