Iris Blobel's Reviews > Natural Born Charmer

Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Sep 09, 11

Read in August, 2011

Okay - those who read my "reviews" know I like SEP books! They're funny, witty, full of romance and make my day. I found the exception to the rule :-(

The story is simple: Blue gets picked up by Dean (one of the Chicago Stars) who's on a cross country trip to figure out what's missing in his life. So far so good! He gives Blue a lift and they somehow end up together on his new farm.

The usual SEP-recipe in her books doesn't work this time - we add Dean's mother, his father and his half sister - oh yes, not to forget, Nita, the owner of the town nearby the farm. That should work, shouldn't it?

First of all, I couldn't warm to Blue. For me she was a pain in the butt with all her whinging and attitudes .... only to end up in Dean's bed, so she, for once in her life, could have something "good". Dean was ... not a charmer, but something else and his character not well developed, witty or even "sensitive" as all the other Chicago Stars. And the ending was confusing and irritating.

I loved April - she had style, attitude, character and was well developed. And again, not to forget Nita ... she gave the story the oompf it needed!

Bottom line ... if you've read all the other Chicago Stars Books, you should read this one, yet don't expect too much. If you haven't .... don't start with this one

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Natural Born Charmer.