Bill's Reviews > Practical Demonkeeping

Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore

Sep 20, 2011

liked it
Read from September 09 to 20, 2011

A new fan of Christopher Moore. I am a big fan of a book like this. It does not take itself too seriously, has some interesting bits of Science Fiction or Fantasy and has some laugh-out-loud moments.

Practical Demonkeeping is the story of a guy that looks in his 20's but is much older than that. This is because he has to keep a demon named Catch. Catch is one of the funnier characters in this book as he loves to act out funny scenes from movies while he causes great harm to his victims.

We follow these two characters for awhile until they roll into a town where a coven of really stupid vegan witches, an 80-something barmaid and a cast of other characters find their worlds turned upside down. This is the story of how Catch came to be, the people that want him gone and the alterior motives the characters attempt to make a reality.

This would likely have been a 4-star book for me but I brought it down to 3 primarily because I think the ending was not where it needed to be. That said, I plan on adding Moore to my list of regular authors.

-Bill

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practical Demonkeeping.