Jessica 's Reviews > Awakening Dreams

Awakening Dreams by Shawn L. Bird

F_50x66
Sep 08, 11

Read in September, 2011

I bought this book on the recommendation of a friend and I must say I'm glad I did! This book was exquisitely unique and had just the right amounts of action and romance to keep me intrigued through the book. The story features lesser known Greek Gods/Goddesses and the characters are well thought out and interesting. I read the free preview of the book and became so caught up in those first few chapters that I purchased the book instantly and read it in 2 sittings (it would have been one if not for the need of sleep... ).

Spoiler alert-
The story centers around Grace, a seemingly average high school student, who faints after hearing a fellow student, Ben, play the piano. At first she views Ben as mediocre but is soon engraved by him and his haunting melodies. As time passes she tries to stay away from Ben but is soon caught up and falls in love with him, which is around when the accidents start to happen. Grace soon realizes that they are not accidents and someone is trying to kill her but she doesn't know who or why.
-End Spoiler

Shawn L Bird is a truly phenomenal author full of fresh ideas and Im greatly looking forward to the sequel (which releases this month! Yea!!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakening Dreams.