Les Anderson's Reviews > Running Away to Home: Our Family's Journey to Croatia in Search of Who We Are, Where We Came From, and What Really Matters

Running Away to Home by Jennifer  Wilson

Sep 08, 11

Read in September, 2011

I found this to be a refreshing book to read which provided me with an insight into Croatia different from the impression I had in my mind brought about by all that I have heard about that troubled area of the world over the last decade or so. The ability of the people of Mrkopalj to perservere through tough times and enjoy themselves while doing so left me wanting the book to be a bit longer so I could learn more about the characters of the village.
The only downside I found was that near the end the focus tended to lean a bit toward the pursuit of things alcoholic . There were other areas of village life and the surrounding area that could have been expanded upon in lieu of that.
Otherwise , I enjoyed the book and was a bit sad to turn the last page. A very good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Away to Home.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Wilson Thanks so much for the great review, Les! So glad to bring a little Mrkopalj magic to you. Zivjeli!