Katlyn Campbell's Reviews > The Man Who Walked Between the Towers

F 50x66
Sep 09, 2011

Read on September 08, 2011

1. Genre : Historical/Contemporary Picture Book
2. Summary: As a reader, I feel honored and fortunate to recommend this book to other readers only a few days before 9/11. In this title, The Man Who Walked between the Towers, a French tightrope walker travels the ¼ mile between the two towers, preforming a rare and amazing stunt at the time.
3. Critique:
a. I am certain that now and in the future the uttermost value of this story is its history.
b. As the twin towers are not here anymore I believe that the images and events this story describes are a very important part of this book. It offers the reader, who may not have ever had a chance to see the towers with an images of them and some history surround them. It also offers its readers a more happy image and history of the towers.
c. One of my favorite parts of the book are the last two pages. “Now the towers are gone. But in memory, as if imprinted on the sky, the towers are still there. And part of that memory is the joyful morning, August 7, 1974, when Philippe Petit walked between them in the air.”
4. Curriculum Connection: This book could be used in the Language Arts connect area and most definitely in the History content area.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Walked Between the Towers.

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue Yes a timely title. Glad you found it.