Katlyn Campbell's Reviews > My Friend Rabbit

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

F_50x66
Sep 08, 11

Read on September 08, 2011

1. Genre: Controlled Vocabulary—the title contains few words and many words or sentences repeat
2. Summary: Rabbit and mouse are the best of friends but rabbit always seems to lead the duo into trouble. Despite the troubles they face rabbit keeps a positive attitude and always finds a quick solution to the problem, keeping their friendship above all.
3. Critique:
a. I thought the lesson of this story proved to be the greatest aspect of the story.
b. Rabbit, although a troublesome friend always remains a problem-solver and positive character in the story. Without him to keep the actions going the story would be nothing. Rabbit not only keeps the story going, but acts as a true friend, positive role model, and problem solver to students.
c. The story begins with Rabbit getting Mouse’s toy airplane stuck in a tree. Mouse continues to cover his eyes, hide, and even cry while Rabbit comes up with various solutions to their problem… persisting “Not to worry, Mouse, I’ve got an Idea.”
4. Curriculum Connection: This title could be used in the Literature content area as a great read aloud or to describe personification. It could also be used in the History content area to support the area of Civics.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Friend Rabbit.