Brad Sells's Reviews > Deadly Cool

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

May 19, 12

Read from April 19 to 20, 2012

Hartley Featherstone was a great character. She is almost like a modern day Nancy Drew. Gemma Halliday did her homework in finding out everything teenagers loves, whether it is iPods and earbuds, or the types of cars that teenagers drive. I was so impressed and fascinated with the way she created this story!

And let’s talk about her writing style. The writing style is almost too much like a teenager. The writing is a bit simple with bits and pieces of complex scenes thrown in at different parts of the story.

The killer stuff in DEADLY COOL was so cool. I have to say that I did guess correctly of who the killer is, but the climax leading up to when the killer is revealed was simply awesome. Gemma Halliday had me on the edge of my seat as I feared for our beloved protagonist.

But the ending of DEADLY COOL made me a little frustrated. It left me with so many questions. Hopefully those will be answered in the sequel.

Overall, DEADLY COOL was a fun book, but had its scary and frightening moments. Hartley Featherstone is the new Nancy Drew!
Full review to come.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Cool.

04/19/2012 page 180