Joy H.'s Reviews > Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself

Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself Things I Overheard... by Alan Alda

Sep 08, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: celebrity, audio-version, show-business
Read from September 07 to 23, 2011

Added 9/8/11.
9/23/11 - I finished listening to this audio-book about a week ago. Alda covers a number of subjects and, at the same time, gives us some advice on how to live a good life. I read somewhere that the book includes parts of graduation speeches Alda has given over the years. The book is interesting but has a rambling quality.

The product description at Amazon, says that Alda discusses:
======================================
"...things he’s heard himself saying in private and in public at critical points in his life -– from the turbulence of the sixties, to his first Broadway show, to the birth of his children, to the ache of September 11, and beyond. Reflecting on the transitions in his life and in all our lives, he ... wonders if there’s one thing -- art, activism, family, money, fame -- that could lead to a 'life of meaning.' ... Alda amuses and moves us with his unique and hilarious meditations on questions great and small."
======================================

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself.

message 1: by Nina (new)

Nina I would probably like him.

Joy H. Nina wrote: "I would probably like him."

I'm sure you would, Nina.