melissa1lbr's Reviews > Goliath

Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

Sep 29, 11

bookshelves: arcs, e-book, review-copy, middle-grade
Read in September, 2011

Things I Liked:
I'm not entirely sure what my favorite thing about these books is. Honestly, it's just so much fun to read them it's almost like being on an adventure myself. Deryn is such a prickly, smart, sassy, vulnerable and hilarious girl that you can't help but love her. I adore her "cussing" and the plain way she talks, especially when others are dancing around a topic. Alek is interesting in different ways - trying to find his place, wondering if he can make a difference, torn between two worlds. And, of course, the story is so fascinating, so unexpected, and so unique that you dive in and can't surface until the conclusion is finally reached. I loved every minute of this book and especially the illustrations, which can make some tricky concepts come to life. A favorite series and I'm sure it will delight tween boys and girls alike.

Things I Didn't Like:
Not much. I think a few times I was annoyed by decisions characters made, but that doesn't make the book any less enjoyable. I honestly can't think of other things I didn't like!
Full review at One Librarian's Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goliath.